Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Green Mountains in South Africa

The very title of this blog is in reference to my love to my home state of Vermont aka the Green Mountain State. Its one of the things I miss the most about Vermont and I can not wait to do a sunrise hike up Camels Hump once I'm back home. I recently got the chance to explore some other Green Mountains in South Africa, the Drakensbergs. The Draks are a mountain range that divides SA from Lesotho and is a mecca for any hiking enthusiast. For the majority of the trip my jaw was on the floor, the scenery is outrageous and a totally different type of Green Mountains than Vermont. So without further ado here are a plethora of photos to show how amazing the Draks are.
Sunset at Amphitheater Backpackers

This is we're really lost look

Cloudy day of hiking



Our next album cover

Just chillin on the edge of a cliff

Dragons definitely live around here

The group doing a cliched taking it all in photo

Ali climbing some ladders

Matt messing up the ladies photo

SO MUCH GREEN

Cave camping

An elderly couple passed us with larger packs on their backs and made me feel like such a wimp

Oh....and we got to play with lion cubs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment